Lascaux cave art

Lascaux cave art

Friday, August 21, 2015

Das Blitzbündel-an Update



Those of you who have read my articles on Das Blitzbündel on Die Armanenschaft der Ario-Germanen http://armanen.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/an-esoteric-interpretation-of-das.html and Celto-Germanic Culture, Myth and History http://celto-germanic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/thundermark-found-on-ancient-germanic.html, inspired by Runebinder's article http://volkisch-runes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/this-is-one-of-many-cheap-rings.html may be interested to know that this very same symbol is starting to gain prominence. Why, I do not know. Perhaps this is an example of Wotan moving in our Collective Unconscious, communicating with us in symbols rather than words as these are more potent.

I noticed today that Weltnetzladen is now stocking stickers which feature this highly esoteric symbol: http://www.weltnetzladen.com/schmuck/aufkleber/aufkleber-blitzbuendel.php. The symbol is also available in yet another ring, a silver one this time from a German website http://www.viking-blood.de/Schmuck/Ringe-501/Blitzbuendel-Ring-SILBER--klein.html

6 comments:

WyrdWalker said...

I think that this is a good thing. Along with other symbols of our faith that are less popularized. We are losing control of the Thor's hammer. It is becoming a symbol of popular culture to some extent. I attribute most of this to the TV and movie shows. I find more and more people wearing them who have no idea what they represent. The more esoteric symbols will always serve the true devotees. I don't say we should give up our Mjölnirs but they should be of the highest quality of material and or custom made by hand, preferably with a unique design to make it individual and difficult to obtain. Then worn for specific reasons or occasions. For daily wear, we have a number of options. Just my opinion.

Wotans Krieger said...

Yes, I share your sentiments entirely. It is a double-edged sword in a way. Although in one sense we seek to awaken the masses via the use of sacred symbols at the same time it cheapens them. The same thing of course happened to the Fylfot during the Third Reich. Then eventually the symbol's meaning becomes distorted and vulgarised.

Steed said...

I understand what you're getting at WyrdWalker, but we must never give up the Hammer - it is too important a symbol. I wear a plain one with wolf head chain ends, all made from pure silver. If anyone assumes I wear it for fashion, they're free to do so; but if anyone queries me about it I have the knowledge to back up my choice to wear it.

It would be good to bring other symbols into the fold too though - perhaps ones that can remain in the hands of the more folkish and esoterically minded.

Wotans Krieger said...

You both have made good points. I would appreciate if either of you have any specific ideas about alternative symbols?

Steed said...

No specific ideas, but I think the Valknut is a sound choice. To me it represents not just someone with an interest in the old ways but someone who believes themselves to be a chosen warrior in this spiritual war.

The Fylfot's political connotations will long overshadow its spiritual ones, unfortunately. Perhaps we can bring the more curved, Anglo-Saxon version back to popularity?

The Irminsul is powerful both for its deep spiritual meaning, but also its representation as a rebellious defiance of St Boniface's destructive act.

Wotans Krieger said...

Good suggestions. Yes the Valknut escapes the usual assumptions by others that one is a biker or a re-enactor: I have been assumed to be both because of my hair which goes half way down my back and my beard! I certainly never get identified as a nationalist! In a way this is good as it catches others off guard and challenges their stereotypical assumptions about 'neo-nazis'.
I have seen various Fylfot and Sunwheel designs which are quite subtle and escape the easy identification and labelling of being a 'Swastika'. The triple horn of Odin and the spear Gungnir are other suitable alternatives. One could also use natural deer horn amulets which have sacred inscribed symbols on and two of my other favourites are the donarkeile and axe as amulets sacred to Thunor and alternatives the the Hammer. I intend to post a short article on this subject just to stimulate thinking and ideas.